Study UK: Prepare to Study and Live in the UK
Be set up to prepared for university study in the UK by acclimating yourself with UK culture and advanced education.
Understand how to make the most of life and university study in the UK.
The notoriety of a UK university education attracts students from everywhere throughout the world. In any case, research shows that transition to UK study is not always easy. Many feel challenged by unfamiliar educational system, cultural differences, and working in an alternate dialect.
This course will give all of you the assistance you have to think about and flourish in the UK. You’ll get comfortable with concentrate in English and how advanced education courses are organized, picking up a reasonable comprehension of what’s in store. You’ll likewise create self-think about aptitudes, while experiencing life in the UK.
What topics will you cover?
- Characteristic features of higher education in the UK: active engagement, critical thinking, evidence-based argument, independent study, academic integrity
- Study modes: lectures, seminars, tutorials, student presentations, group assignments, their roles and functions
- The language skills you need to achieve success (academic writing, reading, listening and note-taking, speaking)
- Understanding assessment in higher education
- Support services available to students; library, English language support, counselling etc.
- Practical issues round living as a student in the UK: accommodation, making friends, what to bring, things you need to do on arrival